Parking Host

Parking Host

If you let out your garage, driveway or allocated parking space to guests through websites like JustPark, Parkonmydrive and Spacehopper. Then you might like our Parking Host Insurance.

Why do Parking Hosts need Insurance?

Standard Home/ Landlord Insurance does not allow commercial activities to take place at your home.

Renting your parking area to guests could therefore invalidate your whole Home/ Landlord Insurance in the event of a claim, which means that even claims unrelated to the parking let may not be paid out.

Standard Home/ Landlord Insurance is also not designed to cover adequately the risks which Parking Host face, such us injury on your property. Find out more

Our Parking Host Covers

Key cover sections

Legal liability
Vehicle Assistance
Legal Expenses

Additional covers

Damage caused by fire
Damage caused by explosion
Damage caused by emergency services
Vehicle Towing
Alternative Accommodation
Accidental damage to property
Malicious damage to property
Investigations with HMRC
Eviction of Guests
Public liability

Before you get covered...

You need to contact your existing Home Insurance company to let them know you intend to House Swap/ Exchange and you will cover this under another policy of insurance.

Your insurer should be happy to continue to insure the property for standard household claims, this is generally what your insurer means when they say you are covered. However, some Insurance providers may not be as familiar with this activity so we have developed some tips on what to say.

Inlet are working with Insurers and Shared Economy UK , a CBI managed industry body to promote clarity on how short-term hosting is handled. It will take some time to reach all companies and for processes to be clarified and updated.